Saturday, December 28, 2013

How long should my lessons last?

Owen asked and continued:

"So I would like to tryout for baseball this year at my HS, I've never played on a team before(or played very much) but I love baseball and my uncles think with a little work I could make it, so I decided why not try. A local college baseball coach (D-III) has agreed to work with me for $50 an hour, or 25 per half hour. How long should each of these lessons last, because I only have 250 dollars that I can spend on this, and that is about 5 days and an hour each day. Is that enough, like how much can actually get done in that amount of time?"

my response:

It can take up to 16 weeks to gain a skill and muscle memory...depending on how many reps you put in and which side of the bell curve you fall on. The smarter you are...the faster you learn...despite what others think and say. 

Limit the amount of time you spent on each skill during a session. Mind mush and innervation begins after 10 minutes of work on a skill. You can always come back to it later for another 10 minute increment session. 


There's a ton of incorrect information passed around the internet as fact these days. So research everything you are given as advice by everyone...including me.

No comments:

Post a Comment