Saturday, June 6, 2015

Another Use For Dr. Bill Harrison Developed Fine Centering Soft Centering

Besides using Dr. Harrison’s techniques to improve visual acuity, focus, and depth perception for athletes’ use in games and improving tracking for readers in the classroom for years, I’ve now applied them to shooting a handgun more accurately.

I began by taking one of my handguns, a Glock 19, and made a few simple changes to the rear and front sight. On the rear sight I used a yellow highlighter to change its factory color from white to yellow. This keeps from washing out the front sight that is also white and helps to bring the focus directly to the front sight which is where the shooter should have his focus anyway.  

Next, I narrowed and fine tuned the focal point on the front sight by adding a vertical center line in the middle of the sight with a fine point orange Sharpie pen. I realize that is an old sniper trick, but by combining it with Dr. Harrison’s visual techniques…including depth perception drills, this quickly improves finding the perfect focal point on the front sight exponentially.


No comments:

Post a Comment