Sunday, February 2, 2014

Larry "Two Fists" Question Of The Day

Is it bad to use more than one baseball bat?
I already have a metal baseball bat and I'm wondering if it would alter my swing if I also got and used a wooden bat of the same length and weight.
Larry "Two Fists" asked:


my response:

Not bad...it's preferable! 

 It is possible to develop a metal bat swing that has a sweep to it because the hitter can still get a piece of the ball on or below the "brand above the hands" on inside pitches. 

Hitting (casting) with a wood bat and making contact in that area of the bat on an inside fastball is not so forgiving.

Use the wooden bat in practice to teach yourself a short radius swing, and use the metal bat as a game bat to take advantage of the short radius swing in your game at bats.

No comments:

Post a Comment