Saturday, May 25, 2013

From Chris to Crush Davis

See what happens when you change from a hands hitter to the slot position swing? Guess it's an 'I told you so' moment...sorry, couldn't resist. Many times in the past when the opportunity arose, I would tell people he's going to be the next Adam Dunn when he changes his swing. Back in October 2010 I wrote this in the bi-line in a blog..."I wonder if Chris Davis realizes that he's just a couple of swing adjustments away from being the next Adam Dunn?"

In 2013 all I can say is that I'm extremely happy for him and his success. He's put in the time and effort to turn himself into the productive power hitter that I envisioned. I'm looking forward to when I'll be able to predict that next hitter that has this kind of power and consistency potential with a few modifications. Except the next hitter I may say has the potential to be the next Chris Davis instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment