Monday, May 30, 2011

Guillen: Fans have short memories

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0530-brite-white-sox-blue-jays20110529,0,1611610.story

“If anyone listens to the entire conversation or reads a transcript of what I said, they will see my comments were not directed as criticism of White Sox fans.”


Nice spin. Ozzie has been lucky to dodge bullets in the past...more than any other manager recently. I became a non fan of in 1988 when he went to the suits in the front office to complain about their 1st base coach giving him a "hard" time about him not giving his best effort 100% of the time. That came back to haunt the 1st base coach later in the season when he, himself, didn't give 100% by missing the hidden ball trick in a game. It wasn't long after that...the coach was canned. Not a psychic, but I believe in karma. I'm sure I have some coming, but so does Ozzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment